Chantilly, VA — The SHS Board of Directors and SHS Elections Committee are excited to announce the final results of the 2018 SHS election. The results are unofficial until the ballot is approved at Fire-Rescue International (FRI) in Dallas.
- John Tippett, Director of Fire Service Programs, National Fallen Firefighters Foundation
- Fire Chief Gary Morris, Pine Strawberry (Arizona) Fire District
- Fire Chief Randy Larson, Pagosa (Colorado) Fire Protection District
Their 3-year terms will start at the SHS Annual Meeting during FRI in Dallas in August.
Chief Scott Kerwood, SHS chairman, said the 2018 SHS election was a great success story of participation and tribute to safety and thanked all the candidates for running and keeping the safety message going.
“The Section Safety Staging List has many active members who care about the future direction of our section,” Chief Kerwood said. ” We encourage all members to get involved and signing up on the staging list is a way to participate. This year is what makes the SHS one of the most effective and fruitful sections of the IAFC.” The new Road Map to Wellness will provide firefighters a path to a medical physical.
The SHS strongly encourages members to get involved with the section. For more information on how members can get involved, please email us iafcsafety.org.
Official results will be certified by the SHS Elections Committee and presented to the membership during the business meeting at Fire-Rescue International (FRI). “The SHS Election Committee commends the other candidates who ran for office: Fire Chief Edward Hadfield, Rincon (California) Fire Department, District Chief Jeffery King, Cy-Fair (Texas) Volunteer Fire Department and Senior Captain, Houston [Texas) Fire Department, Fire Chief and Acting City Manager Kenneth Morgan, City of Meriden (Connecticut) Fire Department, Fire Chief Paul Nelson, Port Neches (Texas) Fire Department, Assistant Chief Michael Lugo, Argyle (Texas) Fire District.
The following elections were uncontested:
• Chair Fire Chief Scott Kerwood, Ph.D. Hutto (TX) Fire Rescue
• Vice Chair, Fire Chief John F. Sullivan, Brookline Fire Department Massachusetts
• Secretary, Deputy Chief Todd LeDuc, Broward (FL) Sheriff’s Office Department of Fire Rescue & Emergency Services
• Treasurer, Chief Rick Kane, CFO Fire Chief/EMC Manheim Township Fire Rescue (PA)