Incident Safety Officer & Health Safety Officer Training Courses will be offered as a pre-conference event at FRI and your SHS Section is helping you take advantage of these offerings through a scholarship.
The Fire Department Safety Officer Association (FDSOA) certification Incident Safety Officer
Monday, July 24 – Tuesday, July 25 and Health Safety Officer Monday, July 24 – Tuesday, July 25 will be presented.
The IAFC’s Safety, Health and Survival Section is proud to announce the sponsorship of 30 scholarships (includes $150 towards registration the class free) – 15 ISO and 15 HSO. The scholarship will include one free year of IAFC, SHS and FDSOA membership. Space is limited, apply today for this Pre-Con Event at FRI 2017.
- Must write a 500-word (limit) essay – Why ISO or HSO is important to my fire department?
- Motivation and the career goals of the candidate need to focus on the development
relevant to the position of ISO and HSO
- Candidates who meet all the eligibility criteria and are ranked highest on the basis of the selection criteria, will be
proposed by the committee as a candidate for the scholarship.
- Preference will be given to first time attendees of this program.
- Only new IAFC memberships will be awarded, scholarships will not cover membership renewals.
EMAIL your Scholarship application to SHS STAFF:
So please let folks know there is an opportunity to receive these important certifications and membership in the IAFC and SHS.
Pre-Conference July 24-25
Conference: July 26–29, 2017
Exhibits: July 27–29, 2017
Charlotte Convention Center
Register for the Training If you are already a IAFC member sign up to take the program.
◦This program is co-located with FRI on Monday 7/24 and Tuesday, 7/25. There is a separate registration fee for this program.
◦Includes three day Exhibit Hall Pass
◦If you want to register for FRI and ISO/HSO, select the Attendee option above.
Join the Safety, Health and Survival Section Today if you are a Safety Officer, you need to know us, because we can help you.
Fire-Rescue International 2017
To request a complimentary press registration, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name
- News organization
- Address (including city, state, and zip code)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Dates you plan on attending the conference
Scholarship offers the following:
• $150 towards the $300 registration fee
• Fee IAFC Membership for one year (approximately $180 value)
• Free SHS Membership for one Year ($25 value)
• Free FDSOA Membership for one Year ($85 value)
• Admission requirements students must buy book
• Course does not pay for the whole conference fees, hotel, meals, travel cost for conference