Call for SHS members to present at Safety Forum
January 18-20, 2017
Wyndham Orlando Resort
The Safety, Health and Survival Section (SHS) has partnered with the Fire Department Safety Officers Association to deliver an informative, high level conference geared toward leadership, safety and health in the fire service. Six speaking slots have been allocated to SHS to address topics related to those subjects.
Some of the topics SHS is looking to address include:
- Overcoming safety challenges in a department
- How the speaker demonstrated leadership in implementing a successful health and safety program in their department
- How leadership in a department implemented a successful health and safety program
- Transitional attack (or fire dynamics) implementation success stories
- “Safety” Leadership in an “Extinguishment” Environment
- You and Your Safety Officer: partnership or pain in the neck?
- Other topics that may be relevant to the leadership-safety-health categories
SHS is seeking recommendations for speakers to fill the six speaking slots. If you know a dynamic SHS member or someone in your organization that has a compelling story to tell related to one of the topics listed above, contact John Tippett (firstname.lastname@example.org).