In preparation for the 2019 election, your SHS Section is seeking candidates for three at-large directors, who serve in their positions for 3 years.
All positions will begin August 2019 at Fire-Rescue International.
If you’re a chief officer and a member of the SHS who’s interested in serving your fellow SHS Section members in this capacity, submit the following to SHS Section liaison Taylor Munday at email@example.com by March 1:
- Name and office sought
- Employer and position within the organization
- If applicable, your supervisor’s written authorization to serve in the position being sought
- Disclosure of any potential conflict of interest, including private contractual or consulting relationships
- Safety Officer Certifications
- A 250-word maximum biography and/or platform
Eligibility for Office
At least six of the nine at–large directors of the Section’s Board of Directors must be non-retired, current Regular Section and IAFC members at the time of their candidacy and, if elected, must maintain IAFC and Section memberships for the duration of their term. No more than three of the at-large directors may be retired chief officers.
Any at-large director of the Section’s board who retires while in office shall be permitted to remain in office for the duration of his/her term as long as the number of retired directors on the board does not exceed three. If a retirement causes this number to rise to four, the director shall remain in office until the next regular annual meeting of the Section, when a new director shall be elected by the membership.