Deputy Fire Marshal Dan Kerrigan, East Whiteland (Pennsylvania) Fire Department, MS, EFO, CFO, PFT
I am a 30+ year veteran of the fire service, Deputy Fire Marshal/Health and Fitness Coordinator for East Whiteland Fire Department (PA). A staunch advocate for the tangible improvement of firefighter health and safety, I have worked tirelessly on a personal, organizational, and national level to raise awareness on the health-related issues facing the fire service today.
As a current SHS Section board member, I serve as the section PIO, working daily to:
- Promote our section’s efforts in improving firefighter health, safety, and survival
- Increase section and IAFC membership
- Encourage section member involvement in SHS projects
As part of the annual Safety Stand Down leadership team, I work with board members and stakeholders to continually promote our initiatives and improve reach, content, and participation. I am proud to be a national speaker and presenter on fire service health and safety initiatives. My commitment to firefighter health and safety increases daily, as I focus on mentoring those I come in contact with to become champions of firefighter health, fitness, and survival with the overarching goal of reducing line-of-duty injuries and deaths, increasing longevity, and ensuring healthy retirements by:
- Advocating for annual NFPA 1582 physicals for every firefighter
- Increasing access to firefighter functional fitness programs
- Increasing access to behavioral health resources
- Increasing cancer awareness throughout the service and promoting measures to reduce occupational exposure
- Serving as member and panelist on the NFFF Heart to Heart Firefighter Cardiac Health Project Team
- Participating in the NFFF Fire Service Research Agenda Symposium, serving on the health and wellness workgroup
Working alongside the SHS board on other projects as directed and assigned I am humbled to represent you on the SHS board and pledge to work tirelessly on your behalf advancing our mission. I would be honored to have your support.